Residential Denver Moving
Following is a moving tips/checklist:
Prior to Moving Day
- Choose your Residential Denver Moving Company. Choosing Movers in Denver
- Change your address with the United States Postal Service. Change it online at: moversguide.usps.com
- Contact your bank to order checks with new address and/or transfer bank accounts.
- Transfer medical records and school records.
- Transfer newspaper/magazine subscriptions.
- Call your utility companies to disconnect your services. Remember, you may want to clean after moving out, so leave the power and water on for a couple of extra days.
- Dispose of unwanted items, prior to moving. Don’t pay to move items you do not want. Having a garage sale or donating are great options.
- Drain your lawnmower, power tools or motorized vehicles of any fuel; and drain water from plants and water beds.
- Prepare your electronics and computers: backup, disconnect, store and label cables in a zip lock bag.
- If there is an elevator at either location, reserve exclusive use of freight elevator with building management.
- If there are parking issues, please attempt to reserve a parking space for the truck. We will need approximately two car lengths for one moving truck. The height clearance is 13′ 6″.
- Organize all personal documents and valuables; such as passports, birth certificates, credit cards, check books, tax records, cell phones, jewelry, etc. Do not pack these articles to be shipped in the moving truck. Place in one easy to carry container and keep them with you.
- Pack and take with you a box or two of articles you will need immediately. Items such as: medications, your child’s favorite toy or stuffed animal, toiletries, one set of towels and linens for each family member; pet food, toys, crate, and pet bed.
- Once the loading has been fully completed, do a walk through with the Residential Denver Moving crew leader, to ensure they have loaded everything you wanted them to.
- Upon Delivery, please have someone there to direct the movers as to the placement of your furniture and other belongings.
- Upon completion of the delivery, do another walk through with your Residential Denver Moving crew leader, to make sure that the movers assembled your furniture and that everything has been placed in their proper spots.